Monday, April 7, 2008

Thoughtful Prayers

So lately I have been encouraging Brooklyn to think of new things to say to Heavenly Father in her prayers. I told her that he wants to hear what we have to say and that we should ask him for things to happen. Well she caught on to the idea really fast and has started really enjoying saying prayers and not speeding through them quite so fast now. She takes pride in her individual thoughts and ideas. Tonight her prayer went something like this...
"Dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for this day, we thank thee for our home, please bless papi and nana, and all of our friends. Please bless Ma Ma ( Madison) on the bus that she will be safe. Please bless Ma Ma on the bus that she will buckle her seatbelt by herself . We love thee very much and we say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I often have to hold back my little giggles so that I do not break her honest concentration. She is quite proud of her thoughts and often repeats to me afterwards her new thought. I love my independent and thoughtful thinker. She also has learned to sneak in some suggestions for what she would like to do the following day. Like the other night she said, "and please bless that I can play with Blake tommorrow and that we can share with each other." Note that there was no playdate set up with Blake at the time of the prayer. That is when she is testing out my " Heavenly Father answers prayers lesson." Needless to say we managed to sneak in a playdate with Blake the next day to prove the point.

3 comments:

AmyJune said...

That's so cute that she asked to play with Blake.

Kate said...

Children's prayers are the sweetest.

Nicole said...

Glad to see new posts Sarah! I check often. I love sweet innocent prayers of children. Their minds & hearts are wide open. I hope she has a journal or baby book to document such sweet memories in.