Friday, September 14, 2007

Missing My Utah Hair !

So we have lived here in California for almost 5 years now and we love it ! However when you ask me what I miss about Utah , there are a few things that I can name right off the bat . Here is my list...

1) My Friends ( all of the friends I made as a newly married girl in the University 25th ward ) and the friends that I made working at Arthur Andersen L.L.P
2) Our house ! It was brand new when we bought it and moved in ! It had more square feet than our home now does. Jake and I will always tell you that we miss homes with basements ! We LOVE basements and here in CA there are NO BASEMENTS ( only attics - that are not for living just for storing ).

3) Grandma Sycamores Bread ! We have yet to find anything close here in CA. and we miss it desperately. Jake has his Cocoa and toast cravings in the winter time and Orowheat just doesn't cut it ! Those mormons sure know how to make good bread !

4) My old hairdresser , Amanda Oliver ! She was fun , sassy and did an awesome job with my hair ! Now I have to give credit to the good old Utah weather too because no fail everytime I go to Utah and take a bunch of pics. my hair always looks great ! It might be the soft water my in-laws and friends have in their taps but something great between shower and blowdry for me there in Utah ! Here is a picture from my June family vacation stop in Utah. We went to dinner with friends and my good friend Suzanna took this picture . I am so glad she did too because it happens to be one of my favorites ! I love my curly Utah hair !

( I have to say this pic does not look as good on the computer as it does printed up. I hope you get the gist of my email nonetheless !)

2 comments:

AmyJune said...

You can miss Utah, you just can't go live there:)

Shelly said...

I'll trade any day! I miss California!