Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sweet Routine


So every night, as most families probably do, we have our routine. It is pretty clock work. It goes something like this... The T.V. goes off at 5pm sharp , we eat dinner ( which usually consists of simple kid favorites like grilled cheese and tomato soup or bean and cheese quesadillas, but I am working on changing that up ). Then after dinner comes baths for both the girls ( sometimes together upon Brooklyns request) complete with hair washing ( that is another thing I am trying to start doing every other night rather than EVERY night ). Then we head downstairs for blowdrying ( I know some moms are getting exhausted just thinking about all the fuss! ) Then we clean up all of the toys for the night ( complete with singing the clean up song ofcourse :0) ). After that is complete we enjoy a small scoop of icecream , head upstairs for brushing of the sugar bugs followed by family prayer time. Then as we finish tucking Madison into bed and give her kisses goodnight comes one of the sweetest moments I hope I never forget. I turn off her lights and hear my sweet little Brooklyn say " It's Okay Maa Maa , it is not scary, we will keep you safe Maa Maa . Ni Night sister. " I cannot even tell you how much that sweet, thoughtful dialogue she has come up with warms my heart ! She is such a great protector and friend to her big sister and it is my biggest prayer that she will always be that loving and compassionate towards Madison . These are the simple moments for me that make motherhood so sweet !

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for the tears in my eyes! That is the sweetest sisterly love, and a melt your heart Mom moment to cherish.