Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Leapin' Lizards !


So Brooklyn was out bug hunting in our yard again the other day when we spotted a cute little lizard. My first instincts were for her not to touch it but my dear advisor ( Madisons therapist ) Tina assured me that it would not bite. So I told her to go for it ( not thinking she would actually catch it ) and sure enough it stopped stiff and let her pick him up. It was fun to watch her explore it first hand by tugging at all its body parts (thankfully in a gentle nature- all parts remained attached ). After all her curiosities with it were finally met, she sweetly let him go and off he ran into our flower pot. I assured her that she now had a pet lizard and we decided to name him Louie. I am liking the fact that we can have this array of animals that live great harmonious lives in our yard while giving us brief moments of entertainment yet we do not have to feed them or worry about whether or not they have met their demise. Unlike the 3 cats we have owned since living here. Yeah, we are SO done with cats. Who needs them anyway with a squirrel named Sammy (living in the neighbors pine tree ) a few lizards living in our flower beds, and the unfortunately animals we would rather do without.... the gophers , the cayotes and feline eating owl we have parading in the night. Then ofcourse who could forget the memory of the gopher snake we encountered a few years ago in our yard. Yep , don't care to see him again ( unless he actually gets the gopher that is currently making holes in our front yard ... then he is welcome to briefly visit !).

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love this picture! Brooklyn looks so much like you it kills me! I was cracking up the whole time reading this post - very entertaining!

AmyJune said...

I can't believe she got it. Those things usually move so quickly. Good for her-especially the part about not killing it.