Monday, October 29, 2007

Belated Birthday Blog


So a few weeks ago ( Yes, I am still behind ), I turned the big 29. Unfortunately this is the last year that I can say that I am in my late 20's. Jake and I would have liked to celebrate by doing something special and more lavish but instead kept it boringly predictible this year. But who is to say that next year, being the big 3-0 cannot be exciting and lavish, right ? So anyway , we had a good night going out to one of my favorite restaraunts called Louises Trattoria . It is a nice Italian restaraunt in Westlake Village ( others around Southern California ). We had fabulous italian food and great adult conversation. I look back at the whole day and wonder if I kind of spoiled any chance for surprise being as I had already ordered my gift and Jake pretty much knew where I wanted to go for dinner. I have chose this place in the past for a few birthdays because everytime we do date nights we tend to go Mexican, Thai or a main favorite of ours... California Pizza Kitchen (CPK). So he knew right off the bat that when it is "my night" I was going to choose Italian. I am sorry but it is literally in my blood ! Oh and by the way, for those whom are interested, my present was a Hoover Steam Vac Dual V carpet cleaner. Jake was not excited about it being my birthday gift but I assured him that the convenience of clean carpets made me very happy ! He did however surprise me later with a nice decor piece for our walls but I couldn't help but return it when I could not decide where to put it. He tried, right ? I can really kick myself for being so dang particular sometimes ! Oh well, spontanaity and surprises will have to come in my 30's. Right now it is all about convenience and predictability !

1 comment:

Kate said...

I must say, you have the best birthday day of the year!! :)