Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Up in Stitches !


It was another first for us here at the Emery home. Brooklyn decided she wanted to spice things up a bit come bedtime hour. So it happened right after I had just finished bathing her. She ran downstairs sopping wet with a towel wrapped around her body. She was doing her normal naked prancing around before putting her PJs on and BAM ! She somehow fell right into the edge of the doorway that leads into our kitchen. The sharp edge hit her smack dab on the left side of her forehead. At first I just grabbed her up to comfort her thinking it was just going to be a bit black and blue the next day but to my horror I saw a big and deep gash and lots of blood ! I got a bit weazy and quick freaked to be honest , but then Jake calmed me telling me that head wounds can really bleed. No kidding ! YIKES ! Anyhow after putting the biggest bandage I had on her wound, I grabbed her favorite blanket and some fresh baked cookies ( Jake had just made them... what better way to cheer up a child ! ) and we headed for the After Hours pediatrics place. I LOVE THIS PLACE ! No more late nights at the ER !(This place is brand new, quiet and it might as well be drive through because that is how quick it is !) Once they numbed her with some cream and then a shot they started stitching. I think there was about 10 stitches total counting the ones underneathe the surface. She was SO BRAVE the whole time and the doctor and the nurse were just so in awe of her maturity and her courage. The whole time they were stitching her up she was talking to them and telling them all of the characters on Scooby Doo as well as sang them the theme song ( a few different versions !) She had them tickled to death on how expressive she was and how well she handled it . She proved to be one TOUGH cookie. She even grew proud of her wound as she would lift her bangs to show everyone . She would say..."I got stitches. I ran into the wall." It is definately going to leave a good size scar but Brooklyn has already shown that it will just add to her character !

No comments: