Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What happens In Vegas ...


Stays in vegas especially when you forgot to take pictures ! So this was a MAJOR "D-OH " moment . Jake and I got away to Vegas for 3 nights which is HUGE for us being as we have not gotten away for that long by ourselves in YEARS ( I would tell you how many but I seriously cannot remember). We had an amazing time ! We stayed at the Flamingo Hotel ( because that is where the appraisal convention was being held ) and we decided right away to upgrade our room . What a difference $50 bucks a night makes ! Our room was really nice ( wish I could show you pics but forgot to take some, D-OH !) We really enjoyed the slow paced life without children and I did not feel a bit anxious about how they were being as my mother was caring for them . Thanks Mom ! We did things together we have not done in years like sleeping in ! We also went shopping at the outlet mall together which we have not REALLY done since we were engaged ( yeah seriously , nine years since we have done some nice, leisurely outlet shopping together !) We also got the chance to meet up with Jakes parents for a NICE prime rib dinner and the broadway show of Mama Mia ! It was tons of fun and so nice to see them ! Thanks Jack and Judy ! Jake went to appraisal seminars all day Tuesday and Wednesday and I just leisurely checked out the non-touristy parts of vegas. I did some early Christmas shopping and visited my good friend Marci from our newly married ward in SLC. It was so great to see her and her cute family. Wow , time flies ! Ofcourse to end our couples trip we stopped in at one of the nicer Buffets for a YUMMY farewell dinner . After all a trip to Vegas would not be complete without a stop at the buffet, right ? Anyway, lesson learned .... next time I will always keep my camera on hand ! Hopefully that next time will not be too far off .

2 comments:

Marci said...

Sara! It was so good to see you when you visited! At least you have one picture from Vegas, right?! I'm glad to see you have updated your blog! It'll be fun to keep in touch this way!

Sarah said...

Thanks Marci ! We should get together more often. 4 hours drive really isn't that bad... without kiddos ofcourse .:0)